Not much exciting to post about. We spent Saturday sitting in the apartment waiting for the Technician to arrive to fix our oven. He didn't show up, of course.
Below I have attached the front page of the church bulletin for those who are interested. As I mentioned previously, we are attending church at an International School for the english mass. The priest will turn 85 in September and then retire. He has a nice letter in the bulletin. And, by the way, I would guess that the picture of him was taken at least 20 years ago!!! If you can't read it, double click on it and it will give you a full screen version.
Sunday evening we were invited to a dinner at one of the Executives on Dave's program, Brad. He and his wife Mina have been here for about 4 years. Before that they were in Japan and before that they were here in Brazil. They live about three blocks from here. So, I got to meet a few more of the people that Dave works with. We had some lively conversations about S-10 pickup trucks.
Today the techician showed up for the oven. Of course, he didn't fix anything, he just confirmed the issue and took notes. Apparently, he will be back tomorrow to work on the stove (a couple of the burners are hard to light), but needs to order a part for the oven. He, of course, speaks no English, so it's a lot of fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment