Tuesday, April 5, 2011

MONDAY - Frustrating Day

Monday and Tuesday were very frustrating for me.  Dave went to work starting on Monday.  I spent the morning reading and, of course, trying to figure out where everything is.  At noon, Claudia, the relocation person that helped us find the apartment came over, to wait for the NET (internet, TV, phone) people to show up to do the installation.  She was told that they would arrive sometime between noon and 4pm (just like deliveries in the U.S.!!).  We talked for a while, then I went in my office to do some work that I was able to do without the internet.  About 2pm, the guard called and said the NET guys were on their way up.  About a 1/2 hour later, when they still hadn't arrived, Claudia called the guard to ask where they were.  The guard said he went back to his vehicle to get some tools. 
At some time in the afternoon, there was some sort of accident and there was a fire truck, a police car, and an ambulance at a gas station we can see from the dining room window.  Someone was taken away in the ambulance on a stretcher.  We wondered if somehow the NET guys were involved with that (and we think not, but we don't really know the answer). 
At 4pm, they still hadn't arrived.  Claudia started making phone calls to LAARM (the relocation company that organizes all these activities).  Claudia was unable to get any answers.  Bruno (at the LAARM office) talked to someone at NET who said they had been unable to contact the installation guys. 
At this point I was very frustrated because I expected to be connected on Monday afternoon, so I could start working.  Claudia said she would do everything she could to get it set up for Tuesday morning. 
Around 5:30pm, a guy from NET showed up!!!!  Yipppeee!!!  However, he didn't speak ANY English.  He kept trying to tell me something and I thought I sort of understood, but wasn't sure.  I called Claudia and put him on the phone with her so she could tell me what he was saying.  He was trying to tell me that he wasn't going to do the installation now.  I don't really know why he bothered to come here just to tell me that it wasn't going to happen. 
Sometime later (6:30pm?) Tamiris (our main coordinator from LAARM), called and said that NET could still come tonight to do the installation, and asked if that's what we wanted to do.  I said, YES!!!  She called back a bit later, she called back to say they were on their way.  An hour later, they still weren't here.  Dave called Tamiris back and said they better be here first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment