Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday Shopping

This morning we went to Walmart.  This Walmart is not quite like the one's in the US.  However, we were able to find a lot of things we need.
On the way back from Walmart, we saw the street market that our friend Nancy had told us about.  So, we came back to the apartment, unloaded the Walmart purchases and then walked to the street market.  Unfortunately, they started packing up right about when we got there, but we still had enough time to stroll the whole market and buy a few things.




The market has tons of fruits and vegetables and fresh fish, fresh meat, and fresh flowers and plants.  We bought fresh asparagus and fresh nectarines.  We're not sure if this street market is every weekend, but we'll have to find out and go back again when we have more time to look around.
This afternoon I decided that I would make some muffins.  We don't currently have a toaster, and I need something for breakfasts.  Fortunately, I didn't get too far in making the muffins before I discovered that I couldn't get the oven to stay lit.  The burner will start up but won't stay on once the button is released.  We have the same problem with the stove burners, but usually after a few tries we can get the burners to stay lit.  We tried many times to get the oven to stay lit without success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment