So, today, Tuesday, proved to be a better day (eventually). Our appliances were delivered at 11:00 this morning, however, no NET yet!!!
At noon, Dave called to tell me that Tamiris told him that NET would not be able to come for installation until Friday!!! She offered to let us rent a 3G card so I could get on the internet, so I could start working! It would cost about $20 per day. So, we said go ahead and do that. Dave called back and needed my credit card number to set it up.
I was very frustrated with NET and called Colleen (our relocation consultant in Detroit) to see if she could help. Unfortunately, I could only leave a voice mail.
At 3:15, Dave called to say that Tamiris called him to tell him that Fabio (the appliance installation guy) would arrive in 30 minutes. So, about 30 minutes I got a call from the guard (who doesn't speak English) that someone was here. I said send them up. A few minutes later I got another call that Fabio was here. I said send him up. When five guys arrived at the door, I was surprised that there was so many to install a refrigerator, washer, dryer, and TV. As it turned out, two of the guys were from NET!!!!
Fabio was the only one who spoke any English (and his was pretty good). So, with his help, the washer, dryer, refirigerator, TV, internet, cable and phone got installed today!!! YIPPEE!!!!
When Dave got home, he hooked up our wireltess router, and our VONAGE. You can now call us on our Brighton phone number (810-229-4728). Just remember that it is one hour later here (so don't call too late in the evening).
That's the update for the past three days!!! Life should get easier now!
No comments:
Post a Comment